Dr Lindsay Roberts and Dr Michael Delhanty run the Occupational Health Service at the Cheltenham Road site of The Alney Practice. The practice has been involved in occupational health since 1985. The two Doctors hold the D. Occ. Med Diploma in Occupational Medicine). They are assisted by Sister Lynn Dhany, an experienced practice nurse with an interest in occupational health. Drs Roberts and Delhnaty are qualified to conduct Tier 4 HAVS assessments.
Our Occupational Health Services Include:
- Independent medical assessment (IMA) for occupational health agencies
- Employment medicals and post-employment screening questionnaires.
- Routine health surveillance for certain jobs (e.g. paint sprayers)
- Certain Statutory medicals (Night workers etc. confined space, working at heights)
- Advice on long-term sickness
- Advice on fitness to return to work
- Liaising with employees own GP. Subject to the Access to Medical Reports Act 1988
- Lung function tests and ECG
- General medical advice to employers (We are not able to offer treatment to employees)
- Audiology (with Booth) HSE 2006 automated categorisation with A4 report
- Flu vaccination and hepatitis vaccination
- Travel advice through our Travel clinic. We are an approved Yellow Fever centre
- HAVS assessments up to and including Tier 4
- Chester Step Tests
- Per case for standard agency medicals £210 (from 1 Jun 19)
- Non-agency medical £250; liaising with GP or specialist £50
- ECG (resting) A4 sheet with diagnostic printout. £50
- Audiology with HSE 2006 classification £50
- Lung function – Spirometry (A4 printout) £50
- Phlebotomy £30 – agency to provide kit); (counselling re blood tests etc £25)
- Urine samples for agency laboratories £30
- Tier 4 HAVS assessment £250
We are not approved for Lead or ionising radiation medicals.
We do not do “Executive medicals”.
For more information please speak to the OH administrator (Carol Goodwin) in the first instance on 01452 783499. Alternatively, the main practice number is 01452 522709 and our fax number is 01452 304321.